Monday, March 1, 2010

An Ode to Shoes



Me in a few of my favorite outfits! :0
Hello, time to pick it up and begin the "blog" again.  Just returned from a trip to the states and during that time, I found a t-shirt of mine that read, "No one cares about your blog".  I laughed, packed it and thought, why did I buy that?  The understatement of my life.
Back on the island, I find myself in the same pair of shorts and tank tops.  My closet is packed full of clothes I rarely wear.  In the states, in the closet where I have clothes stored, I wore the same things over and over while there too.  So why the urge to have more?  This really confuses me now.  I do love fashion and the feeling you get from a great pair of shoes or a dress that makes you feel like a princess.  I do not walk around like a princess here, the shoes would be ruined in one walk to my golf cart.  When I am back in the states, I wear shoes; my feet ache the first few days and I promise myself to try to wear regular shoes when I am back on the island.  (I haven't done it since my return; it's too easy to slide into a pair of flip- flops and run down the steps to the beach or take the dogs out for a walk).  Oh what to do?
My plan is to donate most of what I do not wear here to the next fund raiser my little group of friends are involved in.  I have a memorial service to attend today and I will try my hardest to come up with a new and improved version of my favorite outfit.  I will wear shoes with heels.  (Try gracefully walking through sand in heels, as it pinches the heck out of your toes and grinds into your skin; not an easy thing to do, but I am up to the challenge).  My plan is to ditch the heels and bring a pair of flip-flops to don as soon as the service is over.  Sorry, I do have my limits.
So fashionistas out there, if you see a great pair of flip-flops, keep me in mind.  I also am quite fond of khaki shorts with pockets that hold keys and doggie treats; draw strings are nice too.  I will try not to twinge when I see a tourist in what must possibly be the "latest" fashions in the rest of the world.  I will smile, stay comfortable and hope I will blend in with the masses when I am back in the states. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment