Tuesday, July 14, 2009

California dreaming


Steve and Colin are still in the states.  Now, they are in California, beautiful San Francisco and then on to LA.  Envious?  Just a little!  Last night they had dinner with my dearest, oldest girlfriend!  (Since she knows restaurants like no else I know, I know they had a fabulous meal!)  Today, after touring a couple schools, they drove the coast south to Los Angeles to visit our daughter and to see the Occidental campus.  I will see my boys in a few more days and later this summer, I will see our daughter, but, it's not the same!  I want to be there too!
It is a day like today when I question why we did this!  Yesterday, our land line and internet phones were not working.  Nothing I did seemed to fix the problem.  By some miracle, everything is up and running today!?  The problem of the day is the golf cart not working!  I even got out the hammer and tried  hitting things underneath to get it going!  (Ed and I laugh that a hammer is all you need here to fix anything and everything!)   Nothing!  I could try the noisy Polaris, but then I would have to move all the stuff Roberto packed into the other cart for me and there is no guarantee that vehicle will work; it gave me trouble yesterday.  ( I swore to myself  then, I would not drive this cart until Steve returned).
I feel like a spoiled child; but is it really too much to ask that your phone work?  We pay for the services!  There is gas in the cart, the tires are not flat, why should that thing suddenly not work?  Who is messing with me?  (My nemesis neighbor!  I love blaming him!)
Oh well, I am on a beautiful island and the sky is blue and the sunset will be spectacular.  A shower or swim, a glass of wine and a piece of cake!  My dogs company, a wave to my sweet neighbor, not the demon next door, and all will be fine.  (I saw there is something really good on television tonight!  Something else to do and look forward to!  Pathetic, I know!)   Bored, maybe, I miss my kids and my husband.  The dogs do not talk back and they eat whatever I put out for them, but so does my family, usually!  Have fun in sunny, cool and bug free California!  I'll bet driving a rental car is pretty nice right now too!  A real car, I forget about that on some days!  Cannot wait to hear your tales of adventure!  Bring me home a little something!  A real newspaper would really be sweet!  A big thick one with a lot of sections!  That will keep me entertained for days!
mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment