Friday, August 7, 2009

The Dock






I love the morning! Nothing makes me happier than awaking to sunshine, my dogs furry faces and a cup of coffee to start the day! I love tiptoeing out of bed to let Steve sleep a little longer, to make the daily brew, empty the dishwasher and gather up my morning tools to head outside! I love watching the fishermen heading out either with tourists or going to work! I love watching the construction guys bicycle by on their way to their jobs. Most of all, I love walking out to the dock with the dogs, coffee cup and camera!

The dock is really my favorite place! It is so peaceful and so beautiful, and, the best part is, each day there is something new to see! I have referred to this place as "my science lab"! It truly is a living science laboratory! So amazing each day, I could sit there for hours. I have had the pleasure of seeing, dolphins, moray eels, spotted rays, lemon rays, millions of sardines, barracuda, bonefish, starfish, needlenose fish, batfish and on and on! Not to mention the birds! Nothing more spectacular than a flock of roseate spoonbills flying overhead! These huge birds are so graceful and quiet, true poetry in motion! I have learned so much and many times have run into the house to grab Steve or a guest to come out and see something I have just discovered! It is marvelous and it brings out the true conservationist in me! I have posted, "no fishing" signs all over our dock. I baby my mangroves and plant new seedlings. I walk with a bag in my pocket always as to pick up litter from the road and beach. I have taught my children to love, enjoy and respect mother nature.

These pictures are of my little furry entourage. Mojo, our cartoon character cat accompanied us this morning! He freaks at the water motion and bright sunlight, but loves going with us. Nothing really exciting this morning except the laughing and pointing from the renters next door watching Mojo tag along behind Tobykeith, Pippi and Pickle! Most people do not believe me when I tell them this cat goes for walks with us!

So, happy Costa Maya to my Belize neighbors and enjoy your weekend! You never know what's waiting for you outside! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment