Friday, August 21, 2009

Driving and driving some more...



Sitting in a hotel lobby waiting for my dad and my son to get out of bed so we can continue our journey to my son's school, I realize, the tables have turned! I used to be the one holding everyone up! I still have the tendency to stall and find a million and one things to do before leaving the house, (and I am with my teacher, mentor, official staller of the universe, my dad!). This morning, here I am; watching the news, reading the paper, 3 or 4 cups of coffee and I'm ready to get going! The "breakfast bar" is officially closed, the cleaning staff wants me out of the way to do what they do for the next wave of tourists! Oh well...

Eventually, sometime today, hopefully! We will repack the car and start the last leg of the drive to Virginia to the Blue Ridge School! Unpacking, reorganizing and some last minute shopping to do before I kiss my boy goodbye! A senior in high school and I still cannot believe it! I am so glad to have my dad with me on this trip, as I cannot imagine the trip back to Chicago alone with my thoughts! Positive there will be tears, but soon the laughs and stories will begin again and the hours of driving will fly on by!

No comments:

Post a Comment