Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back on the island



Okay, ready to get busy again and post! Back on the island Sunday and hit the ground running! Unpacking, reorganizing, cleaning and list making!! My usual. My trip to the states was hectic and packed with seeing family, friends and old neighbors. As hard as I try, I never seem to have enough time to visit with everyone! Between the drive to Virginia and back, seeing only some family, the drive back to Chicago suburbs, doctor appointments and the shopping, I cannot believe I made it back without an event! Two days later, it feels like weeks ago. Only a few days ago, I was shivering with cold! My dear friends had a wonderful dinner party for me and we drank wine around the campfire like the good old days! But it was cold, easily 50 degrees! I had on jeans, a sweater and was wrapped in a blanket next to that fire! It's August, (well, now September)! What's going on?

This morning, back to the routine I have with the dogs, (they are very happy to have me back!), we had our usual walk out to the pier. It was 6:30 am., and it was so dang hot, the sun was beating down like it was noon and no breeze! I thought, once more, what's going on? From one extreme to another, here I am! I still love it here and am happy to be home. It is an adjustment, but one I will happily make. The humidity, bugs and heat will soon pass and the hurricane season is looking like the one they predicted; quiet! And boy, is it quiet! The tourists have left, my flights were almost empty! Driving into town for errands is a breeze and the parking issues are none. No lines in the stores and time to catch up with my friends! Time to relax, enjoy these moments and plan for the next influx of tourists and busy season!

No comments:

Post a Comment