Sunday, October 4, 2009

Group therapy




I was on "facebook" this morning and thought about writing or adding to this blog!  Funny that I have this urge, completely unexpected.  (Thank you Lauren for getting me started!)  The dogs had me up at dawn,  being here alone, I do turn in really early.  Pippi has taken my spot on the bed, Pickle is now under the blankets and Toby enjoys his own big bed on the floor.  They are so content, the doggie snoring and cuddling is very sweet.  Pippi, being the toddler of the group, is awake first and literally jumps on the  bed to get me going!  So, after our walk and a pot of coffee made, here I sit, at my laptop,  laughing over "facebook".  A true addict I have become and loving these moments!
I have a few new "friends",  so I have suggested  pictures for them to place in their profile space.  Another friend asked me what, "WDV" meant.  (This is when I felt the need to blog!)   LOL! and OMG!  Of course, I know this is only funny to me, as life on the island lately is, "hum drum"!  It is slow season, not so many tourists, businesses closed for vacations and the rumors/gossip is, "not so much!"  To stay busy and entertained, I began going through photos to post on "facebook".
"WDV",  an acronym, "Wine de Vine".  A small group has formed at this shop on Friday nights and I have to admit, it is a group I look forward to seeing and a spot that is unlike anywhere else on the island!  It is cooly air conditioned, the staff;  accommodating, attentive and delightful, the wine selection is wonderful and their cheeses and pates remind one of trips to europe or at least, a very good deli back in the states.  This small establishment has become a sanctuary of sorts, a place to gather without second hand smoke to inhale, a place where we all know each other's name and welcome new members.  The group is the, "wine group" and the group is my idea of "group therapy"!  LOL! again!  
The group has discussed many topics and has solved many world crisis's !  Anything is up for grabs and we do not shy away from the normal taboo topics of social conversation!  
What better way to get a group all stirred up than to begin a debate about religion,  politics or favorite football team?  We have a healthy mix of the reds, the blues, and a few brits!  I love it and would not trade going anywhere else on Friday nights!
The group is thin these days, due to members being,  "off island"  for various reasons.  But, not to worry WDV, we will rally to larger numbers very soon!  In the meantime, the members here are continuing to enjoy the reds, the whites, the imported cheeses and the SALE!!  Cheers to those of you unable to attend, minutes to follow later!  (NSM!)
d  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment