Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gardening






Hmmm?  I thought I already posted " gardening! "  Where did it go?  Into cyberspace?  My photos of my tedious work yesterday, circling the cyber globe!  Cannot figure out how to bring them back, so, I will repost.  The heat has fried my brain.  The humidity has made me irritable and not wanting to venture out there to continue the endless list of chores that need to be done.  The couple hours of trimming, moving, repotting and watering normally give me a true sense of accomplishment, a "high"  from the physical activity.  Unfortunately,  these tasks are best done in the early morning or at sunset.  But, that is also when the mosquitos are at their worst!  They bite this time of year all day, but at those hours, it a feeding frenzy!

Stop by, I love to share cuttings, seeds and stories.  If you hear me screaming, it is more than likely a toad or hermit crab that has jumped out at me.  If it is a blood curdling scream, then I am dealing with a snake, scorpion, bat or iguana.  You would then find me indoors.  My helper, Roberto laughs at me daily.  He shakes his head, smiles and hardly ever questions my attempts or suggestions.  He enjoys gardening as much as I.   The removal of the swiggly creatures, I leave to him.  He gently takes mother nature's  little beings to another part of our island home, as far away from me as possible.  I told Roberto once, someday, you and I will have a small fruit and vegetable stand at the end of our road!  He smiles and loves this idea!  It will not happen this year, but, we are working at it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment