Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rain and lobster

We awoke this day, very early to winds so strong, I knew rain was on the way.  So, in the predawn hours, I closed windows, adjusted windows and did the usual "check" around the house.  I must have fallen back asleep, because the next thing I knew, Steve was up and now outside checking things!  The rain was coming down in sheets and the thunder and lighting were spectacular!  All dogs were either under the bed or under my blanket, looking to me for some sort of canine advice.  Up again and at our normal time, I donned the rain slicker, umbrella and convinced the group to venture out.

I loved it, they looked at me in wonder!  The smallest of the group, hit the deck and ran up the steps as fast as his little legs would take him.  Since, I am "alfa" the other two followed me as I inspected the yard.  So cool how this rain was saturating the sand, the plants and trees seem to have opened their hungry leaves, begging for more.  I moved a few containers, not to damage the young plants and looked for more to do.  Mother nature was doing it for me, nothing to do but stand back and enjoy the scenery.  (My next door neighbor now have the water front property they have always wanted, at least for now!)  

Back inside, the wonderful sounds of nature exploding are truly amazing!  This place is best described as a "science class lab"!  Something new and wonderful to witness.  The tree frogs are singing, the birds are at my window whistling and my dogs have calmed down and are relaxing to the sweet music of the island.

All is great in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment