Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Off to Chicago


Steve and Colin are going back to the states for a visit.  I wish I could go, but we have found it is better for one of us to stay and look after the house, dogs and business.  Since the flights have been booked and other travel arrangements met, I have been busy making my usual "lists" of things to do!  (Steve needs a spread sheet, he should be making one daily, but he just won't listen to me!)  Lists are wonderful and the joy of crossing something off a list is immense!  It gives me a lift, goose bumps, whatever you want to call it, I love it!

So, off they go in a few days and I will be sure they have what they need, along with a few gifts for our friends and family from Belize!  (Coffee and hot sauces are the favorites).  Along with these, will be lists for every stop along their way.  For example;  the closet in which we store some items at our neighbors, there are several things I would like; I can tell Steve the exact placement!  Second, that storage locker!  OMG!  Crammed to the ceiling, but there are several items I would like from there!  On to Costco, Petsmart and Target!  This will not be a problem, I can send Steve down the aisles I have memorized to find the items Belize does not have.  Steve loves shopping as much as I do and can outdo most other professionals of this sport!

Steve will be busy with my lists, visiting family and friends and working.  Colin will be going down memory lane and seeing some childhood friends and family too!  He will also start the college search process and attend a mini-football camp back at the Blue Ridge School.  The two weeks will fly by and I will miss them and wish I could tag along!  My turn will come soon enough to be stateside; Colin goes back to school in mid-August and Lauren turns 21 at the end of August.  By then, I will have compiled another list or two or three.

Off I go now to get the suitcases down from the shelf in the bodega, laundry finished and lists along with detailed "maps" for this little journey.  Never ending excitement here, simply cannot stand it!!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment